"Play speed soccer to make
your practices fun
Speed soccer is a small sided game that players really enjoy because there are...
- Lots of goal scoring opportunities.
- Fast paced.
- The kids have lots of fun.
Use this as a game to speed up your teams play.
Age group: U9-U12
Equipment: Scrimmage vests, cones, soccer balls and goals
Game: The coach sets up a field 30x40 preferably with standing goals.
The game starts when...
- The coach divides the group into 3 teams like 2 vs 2
vs 2 or 3 vs 3 vs 3 and has two teams enter the field of play.
- The other
team stands next to the coach ready to get on and play.
- The two teams play until a team scores or time runs out - I usually play a 2 minute game.
- Once a team scores they stay on the field and
defend the half that they were playing on.
- The new team comes on and
plays against the team that has just scored.
- The object of the game is to win and stay on the field as long as possible.
The team that has the most goals wins speed soccer.
Here are a few variation that kids love...
- When the kids lose the soccer ball the whole team has to do 3 funky exercises and the other team can continue to play on...
- The whole team must do all 3 exercises otherwise they have to do 3 more.
- The team that wins the soccer ball will hesitate at first until they get the hang of the game and learn how to take space.
The kids love the variation...
Play World Cup
Age: U10 - U12
Equipment: Scrimmage vests, goal.
Game: A goal on one side of the field.
- The players are put into pairs and they come up with a
team name, but it has to be a country. The coach chooses a goalkeeper
who goes into goal.
- The pairs position themselves in front of the soccer goal and the coach stands on the touch line next to the goal. The coach serves a soccer ball into the field.
- The players play in their pairs - meaning they can pass to each other or dribble and score.
- When either player takes a shot they must scream out the countries name before the ball goes into the back of the net.
- If the players yell the name of the country and score
the pair qualify for the next round, they come and stand next to the
- The last pair left on the field is out and all the
qualifying teams back onto the soccer field and repeat the process until
there is only one pair standing.
The kids will ask for this soccer game all the time...
Return to Soccer fun games from Speed soccer